Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday afternoon

It's about 1545 Sunday afternoon. It's about 95 degrees. Outside and inside the camper. I'm hanging out under a tree by the river trying to decide whether its too early for happy hour, and if its not - what am I going to have!?!

Wm is off on a ride, the Elliotts are napping, Lorna is only one who can find SpongeBob on the tv in any remote location, so she's in her grandfather's leather chair in the motor home, eyes all aglazed. (And probably eating chocolate covered something!!)

We went horseback riding this morning through the San Juan National Forest. Explored a cave and returned home by lunch. It was kind of dusty. The whole trip actually has been dusty. Durango has this fine powdery sandy soil that gets everywhere and on everything. I was laughing with the riding group this morning that it's like a protective sunscreen layer that all over you. Anyway, about the ride -- I'll send pictures later. Wm took the camera to get some mountain ridge shots.

It's so surprisingly hot (everyone says "yeah-but it's a DRY heat)...the problem with that is that's there's still the word HEAT as the descriptor. Lorna and I spent an hour at the pool this afternoon cooling off. Thank goodness they turned the heater down in the pool. It was nice and cool today.

Wm is supposed to be grilling kebobs tonight...I'll download pics so you can see Oly, Dregs, and Flash while he's cooking. I've done very well not to get involved with all the "man cooking time" that goes on here. I've learned to just sit back, have a drink, and lo and behold, food just "happens." And it happens for breakfast  and dinner. Kevin Colopy got me spoiled the last time I went to Ft. Collins. If a man offers to cook, by all means Let him do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment