Saturday, June 5, 2010

Biking in Durango

Friday: Durango.
I woke up after my first night in the pop-up...the sun was coming through the canvas, the birds were singing, the river was rushing....I thought to myself "What a peaceful way to wake up." Then I looked at my clock!
5:34 AM. Good heavens!

 Mr. Bill cooked breakfast outside: Fried eggs, sausage, and biscuits.

Wm and his dad went to town...searching for supplies we forgot to bring. Lorna and I checked out the playground and then the pool. There's a heated pool here. And when I say heated, I mean HEATED.

Wm went on a ride--he'll have to tell you about that. Here's some pictures he took.











After his ride, we met up at Steamworks Brewing for a pre-dinner tasting. Then headed on back to the campground for shrimp etouffee.



Wm had fun setting up the toilet in our pop-up.
My life roughing it lasting all of 24 hours!









Lastly, we built a fire and had some s'mores. Lorna ate the chocolate pieces and had fun setting fire to the marshmellows.

It was a good day in the San Juan Mtns!

No comments:

Post a Comment